Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

04 June 2023

“...it was the most difficult broadcast of my entire life...”

 

Harel later said that “it was the most difficult broadcast of my entire life. I didn’t believe that in my life, as an anchor I would have to announce such terrible news. We were close to Rabbi Yaakov Edelstein z’l and received blessings from Rabbi Gershon. It is a sense of emptiness, sadness, it is so sad. May we learn from their good attributes.”

News Anchor Who Became Religious Through Edelsteins, Breaks Down In Tears At Rav Gershon’s Passing

JERUSALEM (VINnews) — One of the high-profile Baal Teshuva families in Israel, Eden Harel and Oded Menashe, became religious after becoming acquainted and close to the Edelstein brothers, Rabbi Yaakov, who was the rabbi of Ramat Hasharon, and Rabbi Gershon Edelstein, the Ponovezh rosh yeshiva.

Harel, a former model, and Menashe, who were an iconic couple even before they became religious, both work in the media, performing popular shows together as well as hosting individual programs. During the course of her morning news show on Israel’s channel 14, Harel received news of the passing of Rabbi Gershon Edelstein. Overcome with emotion, Harel said that “I can’t say this, I’m not capable of it” and then announced the news. She said that Rabbi Edelstein, who had assisted them during the course of their becoming Baalei Teshuva. Breaking down in tears, Harel said that the rabbi had died “at a very old age- one hundred years old” and recollected how close her family had been to the Rabbi.

Harel in tears after hearing of Rav Gershon’s passing

“Many people speak of the great Tzadik, Rabbi Gershon,” she added later. “My heart doesn’t comprehend the terrible news we received this morning. People talk of his greatness in Torah and spirituality but I wish to focus on his softness and understanding for Baalei Teshuva, he knew how to listen to us. Maybe we didn’t speak the correct language, maybe we weren’t respectful of his stature, but he understood.”

https://vinnews.com/2023/06/01/watch-news-anchor-who-became-religious-through-edelsteins-breaks-down-in-tears-at-rav-gershons-passing/

No comments:

Reb Neuberger: HASHEM HURLED PARO’S ARMY INTO THE SEA

    I did not expect to send out another mailing before  Pesach , but a Great Miracle has occurred.   I must admit my shortcomings. I did no...