Israeli School Principal and 9th Grader Have COVID-19, Over 1,000 Students and 5,000 Soccer Fans Isolated, Health Ministry: “Spread Of Virus Inevitable”
Prof. Itamar Grotto, the Deputy Director-General of Israel’s Health Ministry stated on Wednesday that the wide-scale spread of the coronavirus in Israel is inevitable after a vice-principal of an elementary school and a 9th-grade student were diagnosed with the virus, requiring over 1,000 students to be put into quarantine. Israel’s Health Ministry announced on Tuesday night that three more Israelis were diagnosed with the coronavirus, raising the total number of cases in Israel to 15.
One of the three is a 9th-grade student at Brenner High School in Givat Brenner, a kibbutz in central Israel near Rechovot, who works at the Red Pirate toy store in Or Yehuda where the first Israeli who was diagnosed with the virus upon his return from Italy also works. There are now a total of three employees of the store who have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus. . . Also, over 5,000 Israelis are currently in self-quarantine due to having had contact with someone with the virus or having returned from a country deemed high-risk, including an employee of the Bnei Brak municipality who was at the shuk in Ashdod at the same time as someone who was subsequently diagnosed with the virus.(YWN)
IN AMERICA, WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, MANHATTAN, has Yeshiva University student in quarantine. There goes Manhattan and next is Brooklyn. Hashem yishmor. ALSO PASSAIC NEW JERSEY taking precautions. Good Grief. (YWN)
How does one hold a wedding or a bar mitzvah and escape the illness? Haredim need to wise up and take extraordinary precautions, because of the very closeness of their social lives.
MEANWHILE Netanyahu tells Israelis not to shake hands.
How pitiful. Are they using the CDC tactics of keeping people mis-informed??
Netanyahu delivers a statement to the press on the measures Israel is implementing to combat the spread of the new coronavirus, and calls on Israelis to refrain entirely from shaking each other’s hands. He says that the world is in the midst of a pandemic — “this is the truth and it must be said.” *“Israel is one of the only countries in the West that is in a relatively good place,” Netanyahu says. “We’ve taking severe (?) measures in order to prevent the spread [of the virus].” (timesofisrael)(misspellings included)
*be careful, those other countries might start to complain about “our relatively good place”. Remember the Black Plague, and how they blamed that plague on the Jews?
If Israel continues to listen to the CDC and the WHO Israel will be in trouble. The incubation period is NOT 14 DAYS BUT 24–27 DAYS. They are behaving as if they deliberately want the virus to spread all over the world.
These are the precautions Netanyahu and the Health Ministry as appeared on arutzsheva:
No gatherings of over 5000 persons (ridiculous); it should be to AVOID ALL gatherings more than a minyan, maybe just family.
No shaking hands. Not just shaking hands, but hugging and kissing, except for spouses, and one should distance oneself from others by at least 5 feet
MDA says receiving PANIC calls. They advise to call only if one has symptoms??
The MDA should answer ALL CALLS ESPECIALLY someone who is distraught; that’s the least they can do. If you do not help them, they will get information from the internet which could be fake, false and worse. Why not issue daily briefings in all the papers, so people can feel they are being taken seriously, and not being treated like children.
Americans will not be quarantined but all else will, ALL VISITORS to Israel, even Americans NEED TO BE QUARANTINED the full 24 days.
These are the points from arutz sheva:
Netanyahu: Refrain from shaking hands due to coronavirus
Netanyahu: We are in the midst of a global epidemic
Coronavirus Panic: Overload at MDA Hotline
TO BE FAIR, THESE ARE THE JUST PUBLISHED PRECAUTIONS FROM THE HEALTH MINISTRY:
1. Israelis returning from France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and Austria will be charged with home isolation for 14 days, the decision being retroactive from the date of departure.
2. Foreigners from these countries will not be able to enter Israel, but will exhibit a proven ability to isolate a home. Implementation of this decision will take effect in the coming days.
3. Prohibition on holding international conferences in Israel.
4. Residents of Israel returning from international conferences abroad - will have to enter home isolation for 14 days.
5. Health care workers face a blanket ban on going abroad.
6. Mass gatherings and conferences of 5,000 or more people are prohibited.
7. Participation in gatherings of over 100 persons is prohibited for persons returning from any destination abroad in the last 14 days.
8. The Civil Service Commissioner to prohibit workers at Israeli ports from traveling abroad.
9. Recommendation for those aged 60 and over and those with chronic background illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, respiratory disease or immunosuppression, to avoid crowds and contact with people returning from any destination abroad or with symptoms or people suspected of being blue.
10. Tourists staying in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon (in the last 14 days) will not be allowed to enter the country.
11. The Health Ministry recommends strict hygiene and avoiding handshakes.
The Health Ministry assesses that at least 50,000 Israelis will be quarantined in the coming period following the stricter orders for dealing with the coronavirus, according to Channel 12.
ALSO: Masks only help if the eyes are covered with see-thru full covering.