Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

18 July 2018


Netanyahu’s secret consent to hand Golan crossing to Syria led to Trump-Putin deal on Israel’s border security

"DEBKAfile Exclusive: Presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin joined in their support for Israel’s security at their Helsinki summit on Monday, July 16, after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told them both that he had withdrawn his objections to the Syrian army reinstating its line of outposts in the Quenitra district, including control of the Ein Zivan-Quneitra border crossing. This is the only transit point between Israel and Syria. Our sources reveal that Putin insisted on the Syrian army assuming control of this crossing, in the same way as he stipulated the handover to Syria of the Nassib crossing to Jordan.

"Monday morning, the Syrian army captured the strategic Tel Al Harrah hills from rebel hands. That line of hilltop positions is the key to controlling the Quneitra district. Our military sources note that only 20 percent of the Syrian army consists of Syrian troops; the other 80 percent are Hizballah and other Shiite militias loyal to Iran. Today’s Syrian and allied victory therefore brings these hostile forces to within 3-4 km from Israel’s Golan border.” [Is this a prelude to the "War of Wars" with Syria in the future]

Eizenkot and Liberman in their pomposity think:

As army drills for Gaza war, Liberman says Israel will defeat any enemy. timesofisrael

Liberman says IDF ‘more prepared than ever’ for war. timesofisrael

IDF Chief of Staff Eizenkot: War with Gaza Likely in 2018  arutzsheva AND "Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, today (Tuesday, 17 July 2018), at IDF Gaza Division HQ, held an assessment of the security situation. Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman, IDF Chief-of-Staff Lt.-Gen. Gadi Eisenkot, ISA Director Nadav Argaman, National Security Council Director Meir Ben-Shabbat and other senior officials also attended.”israelrising

Likely because?:

מסר מרמת"ק עזה לתושבי וסוחרי הרצועה בעקבות 

המשך הטרור

צפו בדבריו של אל"מ איאד סרחאן, ראש מנהלת התיאום והקישור של עזה, בעקבות החלטת שר הביטחון והרמטכ"ל לצמצם עוד יותר את כניסת הסחורות לעזה דרך מעבר כרם שלום

"The head of the Coordination and Liaison Administration in Gaza, Col. Iyad Sarhan, addressed the residents of the Gaza Strip in a post published on the Arabic page of the Coordination Unit for Government Activities in the Territories.

"In a video filmed at the Kerem Shalom crossing, Sarhan stressed Hamas' responsibility for harming trade in the Gaza Strip. "We ask every merchant and every citizen who is interested in calm and wants to see the goods enter [Gaza], turn to the Hamas terrorist organization and demand that they stop their terror activities such as firebombs and incendiary balloons."

"The heavy price you are paying is the result of the balloon terrorism and incendiary kites, which we consider to be terrorism in the full sense of the word and therefore the response will be more difficult …"

"He noted that the reality in Gaza can be different. " As long as terror continues with the launching of the balloons, the IDF will not sit idly by, will not be silent about the situation, and will respond strongly to the continued firing of balloons and other terrorist acts that are burning the southern region.” arutzsheva  [This is one brave Gazan]

No comments:

Rabbi Winston – Shlach Lecha and 2000th Issue

THIS IS OFFICIALLY the 2,000th edition of Perceptions , boruch Hashem , a personal milestone. It is hard to believe that I have done this 2,...