Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

01 June 2023

“It feels really good because it feels like I did something good and important."


 Immigrant from New York to receive National Civic Service award

[…] “ Emily says she came to Israel to volunteer because she wanted to give back to the people who live in Israel and be immersed in Israeli lifeShe adds that for her, there is a special significance in coming to serve in Israel:

 "My grandmother's parents made Aliyah from Yemen in 1920, and she was born in Israel. When she was three years old, they moved to America. So when I decided to move to Israel, it felt like our family was returning to where it started. If she never moved to America, we would all be here now. 
When I visited her this year, she asked me how it was going, and she said, 'Maybe I should come back with you.' I know she was kidding because she was 98, but it still feels like we are all coming back."

You can read the entire article at http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/372186

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice story. Amen to the 'all coming back'.

Two Presentations by Eliezer Katzoff ........SEE UPDATE

Bomb Shelters in Israel I've also updated my website to reflect these links ( www.elikatzoff.com ). As has been all over the news, last ...