Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

30 October 2023

Rabbi Weissman – Part I

 Even among the "awake" crowd I see 99% of the discussion is on a physical response to the situation, with 1% throwing a bone to Hashem.  It needs to be the reverse.  The last thing we need is more humbling and painful lessons.

Not nearly enough attention is being paid to the masses of people that are doing  teshuva in various ways.  People who seemed to be very distant from the Torah are having dramatic turnarounds, and those who were already on board at least in principle are trying to do more.  


This is how we win.  Getting a gun is incidental at best.


One of the many campaigns to strengthen our nature spiritually is being spearheaded by Rabbi Josh Friedman, who I know personally dating back to my days at YU.   I met him today to find out more about it, and agreed to share the information. 


***


The past two weeks have been crazy for me.  I have spent time on one of the army bases near Gaza with our soldiers.  I was in "Gaza City" as they were doing their training for going into Gaza. ה' יעזור!


I met with very special soldiers who are ready to accept upon themselves to wear tefillin for the rest of their lives.  Please G-d they will all come home alive and safe.


Over 2,500 soldiers want tefillin!  Each pair is $500. I have been doing this project for many years, but never had such a strong desire for so many pairs as we have now.


I am now running a campaign to provide tefillin for every soldier who has requested.

 

Please share these links with your contacts:  We cannot let our soldiers down!

 

ע''ש מוסדות נועם ישראל טרעבישאן

Bank Pagi

Branch 175

Cheshbon 029424


May our heartfelt prayers and tzedakah bring an immediate end to this nightmare!


Thank you,


Josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neshama, I wanted to donate to this cause but then I saw that erev rav rabbi asher weiss is one of 3 Rabbis that gave blessing to this project. And after reading this I decided not to support it.

Victoria

EM SAIDEL: Shir HaShirim for the "Table" – Shabbat Chol Hamo'ed Pesach

  Shir HaShirim for the "Table" – Shabbat Chol Hamo'ed Pesach   On the level of the pshat, Shir HaShirim is a love song, sun...