PLEASE USE A NAME WHEN COMMENTING

15 September 2024

Eli Katzof: Reporters notebook: Embeded in Gaza

Soldiers in a volatile region.. Gaza 

My perspective Very recently, I had the rare opportunity to embed with the 8119 Reserve Battalion inside the Gaza Strip. Right on the front lines of this war. Unlike the usual press tours, where journalists meet with top generals, I wanted to experience the reality on the ground. My goal was to understand what it truly feels like to be a soldier in one of the most volatile areas of the ongoing conflict with Israel. And something I should mention is that while following this Battalion, I was not with an IDF spokesperson or anything even remotely similar. This was truly just with a bunch of reservist soldiers on the ground in a war zone.    

What struck me the most was the claustrophobic nature of their day-to-day life. These soldiers spend much of their time in small, dark spaces, often underground in tunnels, as they navigate the complex battlefield against Hamas. I produced two versions of the video from this trip: one offers my personal perspective, with commentary on the emotions and challenges I faced, while the other is a more straightforward documentary for *The Times of Israel*, focusing on the facts without personal reflection. Both versions use similar footage but tell the story in slightly different ways, offering a glimpse into the grueling reality these soldiers endure


In this version, my commentary helps to add a bit of context and emotion to the experience. If you want a deeper understanding of the feelings of what it means to embed with this unit, this version is worth looking at.

https://www.elikatzoff.com/

**************

NOTES ON UT CHANNEL:
In this short news documentary, I follow a brigade of soldiers on the front lines within the Gaza Strip, offering an unfiltered look into the intense and precarious nature of life in a war zone. Through candid footage and personal interviews, I aim to capture the emotional and physical toll the conflict takes on these soldiers as they navigate daily survival, constant threat, and the camaraderie that sustains them. The short documentary reveals what it truly feels like to live and fight in one of the world’s most volatile regions. * Revision Note: At about 22 seconds I meant to say that Tel Aviv is the largest metropolitan area in Israel. Unfortunately I cannot correct on YT without breaking the link. Apologies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on a different subject. Video of Rav Yanuka talking to a religious tiny boy an angel (that cannot walk.) about how to bring Mashiach. I think boys name Heski.
Rav Yanuka came to boys bar mitzva around 1 -2 years ago, there was a video about that celebration.
Video in hebrew, but invoke English transalation.
Victoria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZlPSziWuSk

More……Now Radios are Blowing Up

  Hundreds More Wounded as Hezbollah Radios Explode The timing of the explosions took place during the funerals for the son of Hezbollah Par...