Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

10 April 2024

Rabbi Weissman: Fundamental Lessons From Rav Moshe Feinstein and MUCH More


In 1974 Rav Moshe Feinstein zt"l was asked whether a Kohen is allowed to become a doctor, and his response contains several fundamental lessons that our generation has clearly not absorbed, including:
  • The actual parameters of pikuach nefesh (saving a life), as opposed to the buzzword it has become to justify anything
  • The actual parameters of the authority of rabbis and even prophets
  • The responsibility of regular people to critically assess the rulings of rabbis and their fitness to be considered authority figures
  • Whether it is a mitzvah to become a doctor, and, if so, from what standpoint
In this week's Torah class we went through it word by word, and I hope it will open many people's eyes.

Related article of mine from 2022 that I referenced in the class: What Pikuach Nefesh Means – And What it Doesn't

After that we learned a couple of Midrashim from Shir Hashirim with sharp lessons for both the nations of the world and Jews who still choose to live among them.

The recording is available here.
*   *   *.

This is a Hebrew speech by Itzik Danino, Mayor of the city of Ofakim. Video originally posted on January 16. Time and place of speech are unknown to me.

English transcript:
Terrorists in Okafim. Squads of terrorists in Ofakim. Police...all the police of Ofakim are at the terrible nature party in Re'im. There is no army, no security forces. I make a call to the Foreign Minister, who is in the Security Cabinet, to Eli Cohen. Then he tells me, “I'm handling it in front of the National Security Council.”

I understand from this answer that this is not the solution that I'm looking for. This is not the response that we're looking for.

So then I make a call to the Security Minister, to Yoav Galant, also a little before 7 in the morning. Then I say to him...I'd already regained my composure, and I also understood what I was seeking from him. Then I say to him, “Minister, in these very moments there are squads of terrorists in the city of Ofakim, passing from house to house, and murdering my residents. If there won't be a helicopter here within a half hour, they will slaughter the city.”

Then you hear a wireless silence of twenty, thirty seconds, which seems like forever. You're waiting for an answer, and then he says to you, “I'm handling it.”

In those moments I feel that I succeeded to make a significant move to rescue my residents. This is a moment of lifting of the spirit during such a difficult and painful event.

I wait a half hour, and then I call him again, and I say to him, “Minister, I don't hear helicopters. I don't hear the rescue force.”

So he says to me, “I'm handling it.”

The first soldier who reached Ofakim was at 2 in the afternoon.

*   *   *

You Be You - Yiddish Edition: The Kid's Guide to Gender, Sexuality, and Family דאָס קינדס וועגווייזער צו מין, געשלעכט, און משפּחה

Don't fool yourself – they're coming for all our kids, one way or another.

The person who shared this with me noted as follows:

"This is aimed at 5 years and up... The foreword says it is aimed specifically at the heimishe Yiddish speaking community. It's printed in New Jersey."

Obviously no Yiddish-speaking parent will buy this for their child.  The monsters are counting on getting it in the hands of kids some other way.  Parents are to be bypassed when necessary.

*   *   *

This is magnificent.

*   *   *

We need an IDF version with a Dati Leumi recruit.

Scan the comments.  No one is offended, because, unlike some brainwashed Jews, none of them consider it a primary religious obligation to enslave oneself to Erev Rav under false pretenses.

*   *   *

Our peace-loving cousins specifically plan massacres for Jewish holidays, while the Erev Rav who oppress us offer cease-fires out of respect for Muslim holidays. Hasbara that.

__________________________

chananyaweissman.com/
rumble.com/c/c-782463
Buy my books on Amazon here or contact me to purchase in Israel.
Download Tovim Ha-Shenayim as a PDF for free!
If you received this from someone else and want to receive future articles directly, please send a request to endthemadness@gmail.com. 

No comments:

The Gemora in Sanhedrin SAYS:

" This is as in that practice of Rabbi Zeira, who, when he would find Sages who were engaging in discussions about the coming of the Me...