Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

19 November 2022

Rabbi Weissman – Catching up with Scott Mantel

 

Last night I was a guest co-host of the Root and Branch Medical Fellowship program, which was hosted by Dr. Zev Zelenko until shortly before his passing. We spoke with Scott Mantel, whose wife was murdered in the hospital in 2021 through deliberate malpractice and denial of proper treatment. He shared the horrific story and updated us with his pursuit of justice. The link to the recording is here.

I previously interviewed Mr. Mantel over a year ago on my Medical War Crimes program, where he shared the story in greater detail.  The recording is available here, and I wrote about it here.  

The many people responsible for this horrific crime and so many like it continue to live, work, and walk around their neighborhoods without fear of consequences, just like one swats a fly without a smidgen of concern that the other flies will do anything about it.  Never again indeed.

*

Long before I was a crazy conspiracy theorist I started a grassroots effort called EndTheMadness (endthemadness.org) to bring sanity and true Torah values back to the shidduch world. I helped organize approximately a hundred programs, wrote an equal number of articles on the subject (which are available at chananyaweissman.com/articles.php) and later wrote two books that you should buy even though (or especially because) I give away everything else. (See here and here.)

One of the most infuriating things to me was the way rabbis and other “experts” would leverage the story of Eliezer finding a wife for Yitzchak as a springboard to promote the corrupt “shidduch system”.

That was a long time ago, and many more things infuriate me today, but this one is worth revisiting.  Tonight at 6 PM Israel time in my weekly Torah class we will take a deeper look at this story through the lens of Chazal to derive real Torah lessons about the shidduch world. Spoiler alert: it's a very different picture than the one the establishment talking heads paint.

I will be happy to respond to any and all questions about the shidduch world after the class in my usual diplomatic way. The link to register for the class is here.

__________________________

chananyaweissman.com/

rumble.com/c/c-782463

Download Tovim Ha-Shenayim as a PDF for free!

If you received this from someone else and want to receive future articles directly, please send a request to endthemadness@gmail.com.


No comments:

SITUATION UPDATE

I put together a post about what currently appears on Reb Dov Bar Leib's blog, but returned it to draft form. After sleeping on this, wh...