Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

20 November 2017

Winter Arrives

Local Weather Report 

Weather It Is (Winter Arrives)
Nov-18-2017 18:18
Weather It Is

Good Evening:

It's over -- that's it -- fall will exit and winter will enter. Winds will quickly shift to the northwest and usher in the coolest air of the season. Still, some might still call this fall: in fact, my wife's mother told me that years ago (when she was a young mother) she remembers the rain and cold that greeted each new child -- and this was during fall before the arrival of winter.

****
Me:  Yes, I just dragged out the heaters (portable) and feel the cold, damp, rain, on its way. The Chanukah season is always the beginning of Winter in earnest. Soon the sufganiot will begin to appear all over. And in earnest, I will make my gluten free donuts, and maybe have a Misibah for the neighboring children during Chanukah.

gf Apple Cider Donuts 

1/4 cup 1 tsp coconut flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt


1/4 cup palm shortening
1/4 cup palm sugar
2 eggs
2 TBS  coconut full fat milk
6 TBS apple cider
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Oven 350
Combine dry ingredients
Cream shortening and sugar in Mixer
add one egg at a time
add remaining liquid ingredients
add dry ingredients and mix till smooth

pour batter into greased donut pan, 
bake 12-15 min

cool on wire rack

No comments:

Reb Neuberger: HASHEM HURLED PARO’S ARMY INTO THE SEA

    I did not expect to send out another mailing before  Pesach , but a Great Miracle has occurred.   I must admit my shortcomings. I did no...