Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

02 October 2022

Shabbos Shuva Reading

First I read TORAS AVIGDOR on Teshuva in the portion for Vayelech and Shabbos Shuva. In a separate posting, entitled YOUR NESHOMA (soon), I have copied some important words to read.

§ § §

Next I spent nostalgic hours in my “Yiddishkeit” Magazine from years back, and especially a wonderful article about Genealogy, written by Rabbi Shmuel Gorr. This magazine is no longer in print, unfortunately, but it represented to me a link to “Real Judaism”, especially the articles of the Old Yishuv of Yerushalayim. I have collected some books about the Old Yishuv which I enjoy immensely reading.

Below is the First Installment of this article, and I hope you like it.

Reading this lead me to Divrei HaYamim, written by the famous EZRA and NEHEMIA. This huge book contains the genealogy from Adam HaRishon until after Shlomo HaMelech (or as far as Ezra and Nehemia could include). It contains the names, families, tribes of EVERYONE in the history of our 6000 Year World. I couldn’t get through all the pages, but it was fascinating. 

We as a people have recorded many “Countings” of our Nation contained in the Torah/Gemorrah.

§ § §



(Continued)
Note:

Rabbi Gorr immigrated to Eretz Yisrael in 1968 and lived in Yerushalayim. He founded the Jerusalem Research Institute for Jewish Genealogy, Kiryat Yovel. More info at https://www.iijg.org/resources/gorr-archive/






No comments:

Reb Neuberger: HASHEM HURLED PARO’S ARMY INTO THE SEA

    I did not expect to send out another mailing before  Pesach , but a Great Miracle has occurred.   I must admit my shortcomings. I did no...