Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

25 September 2018

Sanctifying God”s Name With Music

'He wanted to sanctify God's name with music’
(Snuffed out returning from praying at the Kotel; I guess he did… 
during Zman Simchaseinu)




Victim of deadly hit-and-run by Spanish report identified as haredi pianist Haim Tukachinsky.

Tukachinsky was a graduate of the Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance, where he studied both piano playing and composition.

“I think that music is one of the greatest gifts that you can give a person,” Tukachinsky said in a 2015 interview with Mahut Hahaim Radio.

“Music has the power to make a person happy, regardless of what situation he is living in.”

Tukachinsky emphasized the role of both religion and music in his life.

“I’m a Jewish religious musician. I observe everything [in the religion]. I try very hard to keep all of it.”

“A lot of people say that I must be conflicted, that I live between two different worlds. That’s really not the case. Music brings worlds together.”

In an interview with Behadrei Haredim on Tuesday, Tukachinsky’s mother, Yael Tukachinsky said her son had been interested in music from a very young age, and ultimately left his yeshiva studies to pursue a career in music.

“He learned in yeshiva ketana [elementary school] in Kiryat Motzkin, but he didn’t want to continue to yeshiva gedolah. He wanted to use music to sanctify God’s name.”

"He was a composer, accompanist, pianist and conductor. He learned to play every instrument, so that he could compose [music] and make it suitable for each [instrument] precisely.”

No comments:

UPDATE TO SITUATION UPDATE

 MY MODEM stopped working and nothing I could do would get it back on. I called Bezeq and they did not offer to help me turn it on, or even ...