Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

15 February 2022

We Can Laugh . . .

Shalom Pollack:  

I feel that I have learned much about Israel since I made Aliyah to our beloved Jewish homeland in 1977.

No doubt I have, but still, after all these years,  I ask myself a question; is this the country that I dreamed of and made my home or did it change radically at some point. Perhaps I just didn't see things for what they were as I had very pink glasses on. Maybe I was simply naive or perhaps fell into the common trap of cognitive dissonance - seeing things the way I needed them to be"?

Maybe the Haredim were right. Perhaps it wasn't the right time yet? Holiness can not be wrought by scoffers and blasphemers?

Maybe the Arabs were right; we had no business intruding in a land that was not ours to claim?

Maybe the assimilationists were right. The true enlightened way to solve the "Jewish problem" was to assimilate into enlightened humanity and forget the whole thing?
Maybe I was wrong and lived in a world of dreams?

Why live in such a complicated problematic country where a  corrupt establishment brutally treats holy Jews and coddles  Arabs who seek our destruction?


Honestly, if I did not believe in the Creator of everything and his prophets I would not be here longer than a visit.

I, however, witness prophecy fulfilled  and  His miracles constantly
There is no place on earth where finer, indeed heroic people live.
With these soldiers, God will perform the miracles awaiting us.

I have learned from my teachers that there will not be  a third destruction and Exile.
God did not bring us this far after so much and so long to abandon us.
The future of Jews and Jewish history is only here.
The exiles are quickly disappearing. There will be none more.

After the destruction of the second Temple and exile, Rabbi Akiva and some rabbis gazed upon the desolate Temple Mount. When they saw foxes run out of the site of the holy holies, they wept. Rabbi Akiva laughed. They asked him why are you laughing? '' He said, "Now that I have seen the prophecy of destruction fulfilled I am confident of the prophecy of redemption. They told him.'Akiva, you have comforted us"
Rabbi Akiva did not merit seeing the fulfillment of prophecies and miracles that we see today.

We can laugh.
God  has  a plan

shalompollack613@gmail.com

My book, "Jews, Israelis, and Arabs" was written because of this subject
https://shalompollacktours.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=83163a3323d6b05f1fcecb4be&id=d2b7db850e&e=6fef771d7c



=======

Our mailing address is:
Shalom Pollack Tours Jerusalem
Jerusalem 99386
Israel


No comments:

Two Presentations by Eliezer Katzoff ........SEE UPDATE

Bomb Shelters in Israel I've also updated my website to reflect these links ( www.elikatzoff.com ). As has been all over the news, last ...