Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

07 April 2009

The City of L'Aquila - 'Eagle'

Historic L'Aquila

" ואשא אתכם על כנפי נשרים ואביא אתכם אלי" - "You saw that which I did to Egypt; I carried you on the wings of eagles, and I brought you to me" (Shemot 19:4). 

The city of L'Aquila - 'Eagle' in Italian - nestles in the mountainous Abruzzo region, overlooked by the highest mountain on the Italian peninsula.

L'Aquila = 'Eagle' = America's National Bird!

The great Tanna, Rabbi Yonatan ben Uziel, explains that "You saw that which I did to Egypt" refers to the slaying of the first-born. He continues, "I carried you upon the Clouds of Glory, I carried you out of Egypt and I brought you to the place of the Bet Hamikdash to perform the korban pesah, and that night I returned you to Egypt, and from there I brought you to receive my Torah."

No comments: